As GPP prepares to open our new custom spray drying plant in Yankton, South Dakota, stainless steel is our top choice to allow us to meet the high safety standards, quality, and reliability our company strives for each day. Our choice of using all stainless steel equipment in both our facilities in Yankton and Luverne, allows us to formulate high quality finished product, liquid blends, and dry blends.
We all know the benefits to using stainless steel cookware – its longevity, durability, and it can easily cleaned. The same holds true for GPP and using stainless steel equipment in our state-of-art facilities, but in a more complex manner.
5 benefits to using stainless steel equipment:
- Heat Resistant Stainless steel equipment can be utilized for drying materials at a very high temperatures. They can be used at temperatures up to about 2000 degrees Fahrenheit with good resistance to corrosion and oxidation. This allows us to truly meet the needs of each of our customers and their specific spray drying orders.
- Hygienic & Cleanable The ability to easily and quickly clean equipment is a high priority for us at GPP. We pride ourselves on high quality products and services. Stainless steels can withstand frequent and heavy washings. This has allowed us to continually meet and exceed all feed and feed safety certifications and audits set forth through our various certifying bodies.
- Durability Stainless steel does not dent, crack, break, or pit easily. This prevents dirt and bacteria from forming on our equipment. It can withstand abrasive materials & chemicals.
- Longevity Because of its resistance to corrosion and rust, stainless steel equipment is known for its long-lasting functionality. At GPP, we strive to service our customers for years to come.
- Sustainability According to the Specialty Steel Industry of North America, Stainless steel is one of the most sustainable material choices available. “The most environmentally friendly materials are corrosion resistant and durable, have high-recycled content and recapture rates, provide long service life and reduce resource use. Stainless steel provides all of these benefits.” (www.ssina.com).
For more information on our products & services, please visit www.gpp-co.com.
Advanced Bio Pro Concentrate™ is an innovative, all-natural proprietary liquid blend of stable, highly active microbial cultures, enhancers and nutrients, specifically selected and designed for the rapid uptake of ammonia ions and capturing typical manure odors such as ammonia, amines, hydrogen sulfide and mercaptans.
Advanced Bio Pro Concentrate™ is environmentally green and not only degrades odors, but also eradicates fats, oils, greases and other organic materials. Advanced Bio Pro Concentrate™ is used in both the agricultural and environmental aspect in a variety of ways.
When added to any form of manure waste, it increases the rate of activity of both naturally-occurring and bio-augmented microbes to degrade the manure. When added to any form of fats, oils, and greases its ability to break down these components and eliminate odors is another attribute to its innovation.
Advanced Bio Pro Concentrate™ is recognized on the GRAS list (Generally Recognized as Safe), which are both FDA and AAFCO approved.
How Does it Work?
Advanced Bio Pro Concentrate™ is easy to use. Just mix with water and upon application it increases the rate of activity of both naturally-occurring and bio augmented microbes to biologically degrade odors.
Test Results Have Shown
- Removes 95% of odor within three days
- Absorbs odors until bacteria can digest organics
- Reduces composting time by 30-50%
- Reduces ammonia emission by 50% within minutes
- Controls hazardous gases, thus improving animal health and life expectancy
- Helps meet discharge parameters
- Eliminates fruit fly and mosquito larvae
- Prevents growth of algae in fountains, ponds and lakes
For more information about this product, click here or contact GPP at
location highlight - luverne
Lately, much of the focus on our blog has been on our Yankton, South Dakota expansion. We haven’t forgotten about our roots where Great Plains Processing (GPP) began.
Luverne, Minnesota has been home to GPP since 2000. A lot has changed in the past 18 years both within the building and our organization. We’ve grown in every aspect of our business. We’ve increased the size of our team, increased production, increased exports and imports, and installed many energy efficient features that will help reduce our carbon footprint for years to come.
We are looking forward to many more years in Luverne as our company continues to grow, adapt, and improve. If you’re in the area, please stop in and say hello!
Yankton updates may 7, 2018
This past weekend was a busy one for the dryer installation at Great Plains Processing in Yankton, South Dakota. Sloppy conditions much like the Kentucky Derby posed a challenge but we managed to mud our dryer into the building last Friday. Over the weekend crews worked on putting together some of the larger components that were removed for transportation.
The Yankton location will increase our capacities in spray drying, blending, and warehousing.
Great Plains Processing (GPP) has been a custom manufacturer of premium feed ingredients in the USA for almost 20 years.
For more information on about Great Plains Processing please follow the link below
Product Spotlight – GP LO-MC4
A BETTER BUTYRATE. STABLE. EASY TO HANDLE.
Why GP LO-MC4?
GP LO-MC4 is a mono-glycerol ester of butyric acid containing 20% butyric acid on verxite granules.
The odorless quality of GP LO-MC4 makes it superior to other butyrate products on the market. The product is stable and easy to handle.
This allows for an improved user experience while maintaining the integrity of the butyric acid that will improve your animals’ performance, and ultimately add value to your operation.
GP LO-MC4 is packaged in 40 lb bags and is for use in animal feed only.
Want to learn how GP LO-MC4 will add value to your operation? Contact our product specialists directly. Our team will happily provide you with detailed information on product specifications and availability.
What is butyric acid?
It is a key nutrient that improves digestion and performance in livestock and poultry. Butyric acid is used as an energy source by gut mucosa cells.
Butyric acid has been shown to promote gut health by improving epithelial integrity, thereby reducing the effects of intestinal diseases
Quality and safety are GPP’s top priorities. With increasing regulation and concern across the globe, we strive to stay ahead of the curve.
Our employees are trained and frequently updated on principles of HACCP and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) to ensure proper actions and knowledge are used on the job..
We conduct supplier visits regularly to ensure proper quality systems are in place and up-to-date. These visits not only give us the necessary information to properly conduct our business, it also gives our customers the confidence they deserve when partnering with GPP.
We regularly test our raw and finished products for Heavy Metals, Dioxins, GMOs, and pathogens. Frequent product analysis helps us verify our quality system and monitoring programs are functioning appropriately.
GPP is committed to providing safe, quality products and services that continually meet or exceed customer expectations and regulatory requirements.