Quality Control Technician
The Quality Control Technician performs various functions in ensuring the design and maintenance of Great Plains Processing’s Quality Management System.
- Support daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly quality testing, inspections, and procedures.
- Initiate corrective actions to have final products with required specifications.
- Support Quality Manager to train associates on company policies and safety program to protect employees against harm.
- Update and maintain all documentation for auditing purposes.
- Report to Quality Manager specific information related to product information.
- Conduct quality calibrations, internal audits, and project assignments in a timely, safe, and professional manner.
- Report results, issues, and roadblocks to Quality Manager.
- Convey any instrumentation issues to the Quality Manager for review and resolution.
- Report Quality Manager of unusual product observations and analytical results while analyzing or sample handling.
- Comply with established quality, safety, and environmental procedures and policies.
- Coordinate with management, general labor, and outside inspection agencies to help maintain production standards.
- Cooperate with government agencies during inspections in order to meet and maintain high production standards.
- Find solutions to customers’ complaints and feedback.
- Record test results as required.
- Recommend modifications to already existing production standards within the limits of available equipment capacity and capability.
- Proper assessment of suppliers.
- High School Diploma
- 2+ years’ experience in feed manufacturing is preferred
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
- Collaboration Skills
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Technical Capacity
- Stress Management/Composure
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.