Plans processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital. Assure attainment of business objectives and production schedules while insuring product standards that will exceed our customers’ expectations. Compiling and completing reports on equipment and employee operational efficiencies. Responsible for ensuring GPP is following cGMP, HACCP principles, Quality and Safety.
- Orientate and train employees on QA/QC, proper machine operation, facility and equipment usage. Ensures all employees are trained according to GPP’s Standard Operating Procedures. This includes but not limited to – dryer performance/operation.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state and local legislation and codes governing environmental health and safety. This also includes quality, control, personnel, product handling. Chemical and environment.
- Develops and implements accident investigation, data analysis, and recurrence prevention programs and procedures.
- Directs industrial hygiene, occupational and general safety programs to ensure a safe environment.
- Lead and assist auditors through GPP processes and certification requirements.
- Document and resolve both internal and external quality errors in the GPP quality data base.
- Improve overall dryer performance with creative solutions while administering best practices to ensure success.
- Recommends preventative maintenance or repair and provides back up to the Maintenance Manager.
- Directs and monitors Plant Operators’ and Packaging Technicians daily work assignments. Establishes a daily, weekly, and monthly schedule to assure each production area is optimally staffed.
- Approves all vacation for direct reports.
- Compiling and completing all relevant reports of activities e.g. production work and ensuring that all relevant documentation is completed accurately and on time. For example, sign off on daily production reports.
- Improve manpower utilization within existing GPP production areas and processes. Schedule stability that allows for maximum return on efficiencies and production.
- Administers a bi-annual and yearly reviews to non-exempt team members.
- Implement manufacturing strategies and action plans to ensure the facility supports GPP initiatives.
- Work to establish best management practices throughout all assigned areas which include Production, Quality, and Safety.
- Assure that employee’s grievances are resolved in a timely manner.
- Improve overall plant performance through training, improved procedures, and development of a proactive environment leading to reduced supervision and improved productivity and costs. For example, second and third shift.
- Develop and positively promote effective working relationships with other departments helping establish open, efficient and pro-active communication links to all internal and external customers.
- Mist be able to travel to trade shows, and attend customer meetings both internationally and domestically.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma and equivalent management/production experience
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Follow written methods with attention to detail
- Accepts and follows work directions.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Promotes Great Plains values.
- Promotes integrity in all work activities.
- Recognizes the need for improvements. Brings ideas forward for resolution.
- Actively participates in a team environment.
- Handles multiple demands and balances priorities. Efficiently processes workload and is flexible to assist others.
- Recognizes the vital importance of the customer. Delivers high quality service at all times.
- Communicates in an open and timely manner.
- Responds to others respectfully.
- Conveys information clearly and effectively.
- Presents a professional image.
- Respects each individual.
- Utilizes strong communication skills.
- Sets high personal standards of performance.
- Demonstrates flexibility to handle multiple demands.
- Pursues learning and self-development.
- Highly motivated.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
- Maintains required licenses to operate all equipment.