The Plant Operators oversee the entire production process of a given facility. They are responsible for the product quality as well as the equipment within GPP. Their goal is to ensure that the whole production process of the dryer (startup-cleanups-switch over) and other miscellaneous equipment runs safely and smoothly and, in addition, produces quality results. They coordinate their efforts with the Packaging Technicians, Alternate Operators, Leads, and Management to optimize production and manpower.
- The Plant Operator is responsible for dryer operation, cleaning/sanitizing, assisting maintenance personnel in preventative maintenance, documentation, proper product labeling, staging or raw materials and final production quality.
- Improve overall dryer performance through training, improved procedures for timely startups, and helping to development of a proactive environment.
- Monitors process operating parameters and utility infrastructure operations (i.e. boilers, pneumatic system, etc.)
- The Plant Operator is responsible for the staging of raw materials accurately, correct formulation, and the amount of raw materials used in each quality batch produced.
- Troubleshoots processing problems and takes appropriate corrective action.
- Performs preventative maintenance or repair on equipment as needed prior to/and during shift.
- Provides leadership support on off hours when management is not available.
- Ensure compliance with all internal health and safety policies and objectives and adheres to quality system requirements.
- The Plant Operator is co-responsible with the Leads, Alternate Operator, Packaging Technician and Quality Manager for checking sifter and magnet performance. In addition, the Plant Operator must approve and sign off on each pallet of finished product.
- Assist in all areas of production. i.e. dryer clean-up, blending, loading-unloading trucks, etc…
- Maintain and improve housekeeping in all areas of GPP.
- Assure cGMP’s safety procedures, product quality processes, standard operating procedures are adhered to.
- Responsible for any contractual or standard testing as directed by the Quality Manager and GPP’s standard operating procedure.
- The Plant Operator will break as follows (depending on mixing times/cleanup timing):
- Days = 9am-9:15am, 11am-11:15am, 1pm-1:15pm
- Nights = 5pm-5:15pm, 7pm-7:15pm, 9pm-9:15pm
- Overnights = 1am-1:15am, 3am-3:15am, 5am-5:15am
- The employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position. Perform other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Teamwork Orientation
- Technical Capacity
- Time Management
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibrations. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position involves walking and lifting 55 pounds repeatedly throughout the day.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is full-time position, and hours of work and days are (Overnights) Sunday through Thursday, 11:00 pm to 7:00 am, (days) Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 3:00 pm or (nights) Monday through Friday, 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm. Occasional weekend and overtime work may be required as production demands with little to no notice.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or its equivalent
- Fork Truck License (Completed during training)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
$17.00 – $27.00/hour + additional pay for shift differential.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability