Keep plant production and operations at a desired level through a program of preventive maintenance for machinery, equipment and buildings, and to make repairs as necessary. Maintain and establish the proper tracking of tools, PM equipment, and basic supplies for ensuring continual plant operation. Ensure building safety and security.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities including, but not limited to mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and troubleshooting.
- Ensure that all electrical work performed is completed by following all local and national electrical codes.
- Manage maintenance spending in relation to changes in production volume.
- Responsible for making repairs to plant machinery and equipment promptly when breakdown occurs.
- Keep shop, boiler room, compressor rooms and work area clean and safe.
- Schedules and performs preventive maintenance on all equipment.
- Direct supervision of work performed by vendors and contractors.
- Assist in implementing manufacturing strategies and action plans to ensure that the facility supports GPP initiatives.
- Ensures building security and integrity.
- Develops an employee tool check out program.
- Tracks and maintains a min/max inventory for parts needed for plant operation.
- Improve overall plant performance through training, improved procedures and development of proactive environment.
- Promote effective working relationships with other departments helping establish open, efficient and pro-active communication links to all internal and external customers.
- Must be able to travel to trade shows and attend customer meetings.
- Maintain and improve housekeeping in all areas of GPP.
- Work with Production Manager to improve safety by addressing both physical safety issues and employee safety attitudes.
- Maintain individual skills keeping up to date with latest production and production management concepts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Follow written methods with attention to detail
- Accepts and follows work directions.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Promotes Great Plains values.
- Promotes integrity in all work activities.
- Recognizes the need for improvements. Brings ideas forward for resolution.
- Actively participates in a team environment.
- Handles multiple demands and balances priorities. Efficiently processes workload and is flexible to assist others.
- Recognizes the vital importance of the customer. Delivers high quality service at all times.
- Communicates in an open and timely manner.
- Responds to others respectfully.
- Conveys information clearly and effectively.
- Presents a professional image.
- Respects each individual.
- Utilizes strong communication skills.
- Sets high personal standards of performance.
- Demonstrates flexibility to handle multiple demands.
- Pursues learning and self-development.
- Highly motivated.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
- Maintains required licenses to operate all equipment.
- Must minimally have a 1-B license
- Must obtain IMDG/IATA/CFR49 Hazardous Goods training within 90 days of hire.